As used in these Terms, the following words shall have the following meanings. “FundKite” includes “FundKite, Inc.”, “FundKite”, “we”, “us” and variations such as “our”. “Service” includes the products, services, and software that User orders, receives, or accesses as part of User’s use of FundKite’s Sites.
THESE TERMS STATE THAT ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND FUNDKITE MUST BE RESOLVED IN BINDING ARBITRATION, THAT YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION, AND THAT THE LAW OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK APPLIES TO ALL INTERACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND FUNDKITE. YOU MAY OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION AND THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER BY FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURES IN SECTION 10.G BELOW
- Description of Services
FundKite engages in several business services (the “Services”) for which a customer may use the Site. FundKite reserves the right to cancel a portion of any of our Services at any time.
- Use of Site and Service:
As a user of the Site or a user registered to use any of the Services (a “Registered User”), User agrees to the following:
- Exclusive Use. User’s account is to be used only by User and only for User’s business needs. User may not authorize others to use User’s account, and User may not assign or otherwise transfer User’s account to any other person or entity. User acknowledges that FundKite is not responsible for third-party access to User’s account that results from theft or misappropriation of User’s username and passwords.
- Information Submitted. User is solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding (i) the information and content User provides through User’s use of the Site and any Services, (ii) the information and content User makes available in any manner through the service, and (iii) User’s interaction with any and all third-parties. Any attempt to enter information to create a duplicate account will be rejected and User’s account will be suspended until further notice.
- Risk Assumption and Precautions. User assumes all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any interactions with third-parties, including but not limited to any lenders to which Users are matched, referred or provided.
- No Guarantees. FundKite may not be able to provide matches for every individual or business seeking to use the Services. FundKite makes no guarantees as to the number of matches or the suitability of the business funding for any individual or business which utilizes the Services.
- No False Information. User agrees to provide accurate, true, current and complete information. In the event that FundKite determines that the information that is provided is incomplete, fraudulent, false, or otherwise inaccurate, FundKite reserves the right to terminate User’s access to the Services.
- Legal Purpose. User agrees to not use the Site or Services for any illegal purpose. User will only use the Site or Service in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Business Purpose. User agrees to only use the Site or Services for a bona fide business purpose. User agrees not to use the Site or Services for personal, family or household purposes. User may not use the Site or Services to obtain information about or make decisions about anyone but User and/or User’s business.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
- Ownership of Proprietary Information. User hereby acknowledges and agrees that FundKite is the owner of all rights in and to the Site and Services. Federal, state, and local laws and regulations protect these proprietary rights. User is granted limited revocable license to use the Site and Services only as expressly authorized by these Terms. User may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works, reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the Site or Services or technology.
- No Use of Confidential Information. User promises not to post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) confidential information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Site or Services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- License to Provided Content. By providing information or content to any account or public area of the Site or Service, User automatically grants, and User represents and warrants that User has the right to grant, to FundKite and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing. From time to time, FundKite may create, test or implement new features or services on the Site in which User may voluntarily choose to participate, in accordance with the additional terms and conditions of such features or programs. By User’s voluntary participation in such features or programs, User grants FundKite the rights stated in this subsection in connection with the additional terms and conditions (if any) of such features or services.
- Disclaimer of Warranty:
No Warranties. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. FUNDKITE PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FUNDKITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USER’S USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. FUNDKITE DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. Third-Party Content. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Site or Services, but not directly by FundKite, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. FUNDKITE DOES NOT: (i) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES, OR (ii) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN FUNDKITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FUNDKITE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANYONE’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE OR SERVICES, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
Beta Features. From time to time, FundKite may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Site or Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at FundKite’s sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
- Limitation of Liability:
Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL FUNDKITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF FUNDKITE KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FUNDKITE’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS TERMS OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY USER FOR USER’S ACCOUNT OR SUBSCRIPTION, OR, IF USER HAS NOT PAID FUNDKITE FOR THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, THE AMOUNT OF USD $25.00 OR ITS EQUIVALENT. No Liability for non-FundKite Actions. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FUNDKITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF USER OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES.
Information Verification. FundKite and its contractors may use various methods of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and User agrees that FundKite and its contractors will have no liability to User arising from any incorrectly verified information.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless FundKite, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of (i) User’s use of or inability to use the Site or Services, (ii) any User’s postings, (iii) User’s violation of any terms of these Terms or User’s violation of any rights of a third-party, or (iv) User’s violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. FundKite reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by User, in which event User will fully cooperate with FundKite in asserting any available defenses.
- Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration:
In the interest of resolving disputes between User and FundKite in the most expedient and cost-effective manner, User and FundKite agree that either party, at any time, may opt to adjudicate their disputes through binding arbitration instead of in courts of general jurisdiction (“Agreement to Arbitrate”). A less formal than courts, Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, condenses discovery, and is subject to a limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. User acknowledges and agrees that the arbitrator may award relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief necessitated by that individual party’s claim(s). Any relief awarded cannot affect other users.
You further agree and understand that any and all disputes, whether heard before a court of competent jurisdiction, or an arbitrator, shall be done solely on an individual basis, and that User affirmatively waives User’s right to participate in a class action to resolve any dispute (as defined below) that User may have with FundKite.
User understands that by entering into this agreement, User and FundKite are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action:
- Claims To Be Resolved By Binding Arbitration. User and FundKite agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims that may arise under this agreement. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to: claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between the parties, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory; claims that arose before this or any prior Terms; claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which User is not a member of a certified class; and claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
- Exceptions. Notwithstanding Section 7(a), User and FundKite agree that no statement herein shall be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either party’s right to (i) pursue enforcement actions through applicable federal, state, or local agencies where such actions are available; (ii) seek injunctive relief in any competent court of law; or (iii) to file suit in a court of law to address intellectual property infringement claims.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between User and FundKite will be governed by Mediation and civil arbitration, inc. D/B/A rapidruling ("Rapid”) or, in case Rapid is unavailable as arbitrator at the time when the intent to arbitrate arises, the parties hereto may commence an arbitration proceeding with jams, formerly known as Judicial Arbitration and Mediation services, inc. (“JAMS”), or, alternatively, the party Intending to arbitrate a dispute between the parties hereto may seek court’s appointment of an arbitrator to arbitrate a dispute between the parties hereto.
- Notice and Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to FundKite should be addressed to: FundKite, Inc., 4100 Chapel Ridge Road, Suite 500, Lehi, UT 84043 (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If User and FundKite do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, User or FundKite may commence an arbitration proceeding.
- Fees. In the event that User commences arbitration in accordance with these Terms, FundKite will, at User’s request, reimburse User for User’s payment of the arbitration filing fee, unless User’s claim is for greater than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees shall be decided by the rules of the selected arbitration entity. Any request for payment of fees by FundKite should be submitted by mail to the arbitrator along with User’s Demand for Arbitration and FundKite will make arrangements to pay all necessary fees directly to the selected arbitrator. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) User assert in the arbitration to be frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 7(b)), User agrees to reimburse FundKite for all fees associated with the arbitration paid by FundKite on User’s behalf that User otherwise would be obligated to pay under the rules of the selected arbitration entity.
If User’s claim is for $10,000 or less, User may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a non-appearance based telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the rules of the selected arbitration entity.
Any in-person arbitration hearings will take place at a location to be agreed upon in New York County, New York. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- No Class Actions. Unless both User and FundKite agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
USER AND FUNDKITE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN OWN OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
- Opt-Out. If User is a new FundKite user, User can choose to reject the arbitration agreement contained in this Section 7 (“opt-out”) by mailing to FundKite a written opt-out notice (“Opt-Out Notice”). The Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than thirty (30) days after the date User accept these Terms for the first time. User must mail the Opt-Out Notice to the Notice Address listed in Section 7(d), above.
The Opt-Out Notice must contain User’s name, address (including street address, city, state and zip code), and the user name(s) and email address(es) associated with the FundKite account(s) to which the Opt-Out applies. User must sign the Opt-Out Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way User can opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. If User Opt-Out of the Agreement to Arbitrate, all other parts of the Terms will continue to apply to the User. Opting out of this Agreement to Arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that User may have with FundKite.
- Modifications. If FundKite makes any future change to this Agreement to Arbitrate (other than a change to the Notice Address), User may reject any such change by sending a written notice to FundKite within 30 days of the change to the Notice Address provided above. User acknowledges and agrees that, in the event User rejects any future change, User’s account with FundKite shall be immediately terminated and User will arbitrate any dispute between the parties in accordance with the language of this provision.
- Severability and Enforceability. If an arbitrator or court decides that any part of this Section 7 is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Section 10 shall still apply. If the entirety of this Section 10 is found to be unenforceable, then the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 15 shall govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms, and that the remainder of the Terms will continue to apply.
- Telephone communications and agreement to be contacted:
Call Recording and Monitoring. User acknowledges that telephone calls to or from FundKite, together with its agents and affiliates, may be monitored and recorded and User agrees to such monitoring and recording.
Providing Telephone Numbers and Other Contact Information. User shall verify and confirm that any contact information provided to FundKite, including, but not limited to, User’s name, mailing address, email address, User’s residential or business telephone number, and/or User’s mobile telephone number, is true and accurate. User verifies that User is the current subscriber or owner of any telephone number that User provides. User is strictly prohibited from providing a phone number that is not owned by User. If FundKite discovers that any information provided in connection with User’s registration is false or inaccurate, FundKite reserves the right to suspend or terminate User’s account at any time. Should any of User’s contact information change, including ownership of User’s telephone numbers, User agrees to immediately notify FundKite before the change goes into effect by replying STOP to any text message User receives from FundKite, by calling FundKite at (877) 502-5003, notifying FundKite in writing by sending such notification via email to [email protected].
User’s Consent to Receive Automated Calls/Texts. User acknowledges that by voluntarily providing User’s telephone number(s), User expressly agrees to receive artificial voices, prerecorded voice messages, and/or autodialed calls and text messages (such as SMS, MMS, or successor protocols or technologies) from FundKite, and third-parties acting on its behalf, related to promotions, User’s account, any application or transaction, and/or User’s relationship with FundKite. User acknowledges that automated calls or text messages may be made to User’s telephone number(s) even if User’s telephone number(s) is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. User agrees that FundKite may obtain, and User expressly agrees to be contacted at, any email addresses, mailing addresses, or phone numbers provided by User or User’s representative at any time or obtained through other lawful means, such as skip tracing, caller ID capture, or other means. User agrees to receive automated calls and text messages from FundKite, even if User cancels User’s account or terminates User’s relationship with FundKite, except if User opts-out (see below). User understands that User does not have to agree to receive automated promotional calls/texts as a condition of purchasing any goods or services or account creation. If User does not consent, User may call us at (855) 853-6346 or via email to [email protected] to further inquire about FundKite products and services. To opt-out, please see the Opt-Out Instructions below.
Opt-Out Instructions. User’s consent to receive automated calls and texts is completely voluntary. User may opt-out at any time. To opt-out of text messages, User must reply STOP to any text message User receives from FundKite. User may also text HELP for help. User acknowledges and agrees to accept a final text message confirming User’s opt-out. FundKite may use different shortcodes for different messaging purposes, so texting STOP to one shortcode will not effectuate a stop request for all shortcodes to which User is subscribed. If User wishes to stop messages from multiple shortcodes, User must reply STOP to each shortcode from which User would like to unsubscribe. Alternatively, User may email to [email protected] advising that User wants to opt out of text messages and specifying the phone number(s) for which that opt-out should apply To opt-out of automated voice calls (not text messages), User must (i) provide FundKite with written notice revoking User’s consent to receiving automated calls; (ii) in that written notice, User must include User’s full name, mailing address, account number, and the specific phone number(s) for which User wishes to stop automated calls; and (iii) send this written notice to [email protected]. It is User’s sole responsibility to notify FundKite if User no longer wants to receive automated calls or text messages. User waives any rights to bring claims for unauthorized or undesired calls or text messages by failing to opt-out immediately or by failing to follow these instructions. Please allow up to thirty (30) days to process any opt-out request. Please note that if User opts out of automated calls or text messages, FundKite reserves the right to make non-automated calls to User. It is possible that third parties may have User’s contact information and User may continue to receive communications from these third parties despite an opt out request. FundKite is not responsible for unwanted contact from third parties. User may contact third parties directly to inform them of User’s communication preferences.
Fees and Charges. There is no fee to receive automated telephone calls or text messages from FundKite. However, User may incur a charge for these calls or text messages from User’s telephone carrier, which is User’s sole responsibility. Message and data rates may apply. User is solely responsible for checking User’s telephone plan and contact User’s carrier for details. User represents and warrants that User is authorized to incur such charges and acknowledges that FundKite is not responsible for such charges.
Unauthorized Use of Telephone Device. User must notify FundKite immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of User’s telephone device. Although FundKite will not be liable for losses caused by any unauthorized use of User’s telephone device, User may be liable for our losses due to such unauthorized use.
User’s Indemnification of FundKite. Users agrees to indemnify FundKite for any privacy, tort or other claims, including claims under the Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act or its state law equivalent, including claims relating to User’s voluntary provision of a telephone number that is not owned by User and/or User’s failure to notify FundKite of any changes in User’s contact information, including telephone number. User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold FundKite harmless from and against any and all such claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees). FundKite shall have the exclusive right to choose counsel, at User’s expense, to defend any such claims.
Release of Claims. In consideration of the services provided by FundKite, User hereby releases FundKite from any and all claims, causes of action, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, liabilities or other harms resulting from or relating to telephone calls or text messages, including without limitation any claims, causes of action, or lawsuits based on any alleged violations of the law (including, without limitation, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Truth in Caller ID Act, Telemarketing Sales Rule, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or any similar state and local acts or statutes, and any federal or state tort or consumer protection laws).
General. User is responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service providers, mobile service, and other services needed to receive calls and text messages. Text messaging may only be available with select carriers with compatible handsets. User’s obligations under this Section will survive termination of these Terms of Service.
Text message Terms and Conditions:
- By opting In to FundKite’s Text Message Service, User authorizes and agrees to allow FundKite to use an autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text message to the cell phone number associated with User’s Opt-In (i.e., the number listed on the Opt-In form or instructions, or, if none, the number form which User sends the Opt-In, or, if none, the number on file for the account associated with User’s Opt-In). User authorizes FundKite to include marketing content in any such messages. User does not have to Opt-In or agree to Opt-In as a condition of purchase or service.
User confirms that User is the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that User is the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that User is authorized to Opt-In.
After Opting-In, in addition to the main messages the service offers, User may receive one or more welcome messages or administrative messages, such as (in some cases) a request to confirm User’s Opt-In.
- User can cancel the SMS service at any time by texting “STOP” to the short code. After User sends the SMS message “STOP” to FundKite, FundKite will send User an SMS message to confirm that User has been unsubscribed. After this, User will no longer receive SMS messages from FundKite. If User wants to join again, just sign up as User did initially and FundKite will resume sending SMS messages to User.
- If User is experiencing issues with the messaging program User can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or User can get help directly at [email protected] or (877) 502-5003.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages communicated between User and FundKite. User will receive up to 15 messages/month. If User has any questions about User’s text plan or data plan, contacting User’s wireless provider is preferable.
- General Provisions:
- User Information:
- Disclosure by Law. User acknowledges and agrees that FundKite may disclose information User provides if required to do so by law, at the request of a third-party, or if FundKite, in its sole discretion, believes that disclosure is reasonable to (i) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); or (ii) protect or defend FundKite’s, or a third-party’s, rights or property.
- Information Security. FundKite diligently protects itself and its users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information held by FundKite. In particular:
- Most of FundKite data and services are encrypted using industry standard methods.
- FundKite reviews information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent or mitigate unauthorized access to systems.
- FundKite restricts access to personal information to FundKite employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for FundKite, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Use of Anonymous Information for Research. By using the Site and/or Services, User agrees to allow FundKite to anonymously use the information from User and User’s experiences through the Services to continue FundKite’s research into successful business practices and to improve the Services.
- License Regarding Your Content. User retains all ownership interest in and to the content User provides to the Site or as part of User’s use of the Services. However, by submitting User’s content, including User’s personal and business information, User hereby grants to FundKite a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, adapt, edit, modify, translate, publish, transfer, and/or distribute any of User’s content. This license specifically includes the right for FundKite to make such content available to other trusted companies, organizations, and/or individuals with whom FundKite has a business relationship in order to carry out the performance of the Services. As part of its performance of the Services, FundKite may (i) transmit or distribute User’s information over various public networks and in various forms; and (ii) make necessary changes to User’s content in order to perform its obligations.
User may not, and will make all reasonable efforts to make sure any third parties do not: Use the Services as a money services business, money transmitter, payment intermediary, aggregator, or service bureau or resell the Services in any manner. Use the Services on behalf of a third party in any manner. Abuse the Services in any manner. Create a similar product or service through use of or access to the Service. Use the Service in violation of any law, regulation, or rule. Use the Service to perpetuate or commit a fraud of any kind. Use the Services in any way that is not authorized by FundKite. Use the Service for personal bank accounts.
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks (whether registered or not), logos, sounds, artwork of any kind, and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, coordination, selection, appearance, and arrangement of the Content, contained on the Site is owned by FundKite and is protected by trade dress, copyright, trademark, and other property laws and unfair competition laws. Any misuse of the Content will be at User’s peril and FundKite will do all that is lawful to enforce and protect the Content.
FundKite takes every reasonable precaution to protect User’s account and account information, however, FundKite cannot guarantee the security of any information User discloses. This includes User’s sharing of account information with any third party, including employees, contractors, vendors, suppliers, etc. of User’s business. User agrees and acknowledges that the security of User’s data is User’s responsibility.
- Term and Termination:
This agreement will become effective upon User’s acceptance of the Terms by User’s use of the Site or Services and will remain in effect in perpetuity unless terminated hereunder. FundKite may terminate User’s account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon written notice to the other party. FundKite reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate User’s access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. FundKite also reserves the right to refuse to remove User’s account information or data from the Services and any other records at any time to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. In the event User’s access to any of the Services is suspended due to the breach of these Terms, User agrees that all fees then paid to FundKite by User will be nonrefundable and all outstanding or pending payments will immediately be due. User may terminate User’s account by following the steps in the applicable section under “Cancellations.” Sections 10 and 11 shall survive any termination of this Agreement.